Ashneer Grover Age, Wife, Children, Family, Biography & More
Madhuri Jain Grover
Physical Stats & More
in centimeters- 170 cm
in meters- 1.70 m
in feet & inches- 5' 7"
in kilograms- 75 kg
in pounds- 165 lbs
Salt and Pepper
Vice President (VP): Kotak Investment Banking (2006-2013
• In 2019, he got a chance to represent BharatPe and India cashless at the Asia Pacific Initiative Forum.
• In 2021, he won the Entrepreneur of the year award and his company BharatPe won the emerging company of the year award.
• In 2021, he was in the list of 40 Under 40 India's brightest young business minds by
Date of Birth
14 June 1982 (Monday)
Age (as of 2022)
• Indian Institute Of Technology, Delhi
• Indian Institute of Management
• INSA Lyon Institute National Des Science Appliquees de Lyon, France
• Graduation in B. Tech.
• M.B.A. in Management and Finance
Note: He pursued two years of his B.Tech. at INSA Lyon Institute National Des Science Appliquees de Lyon in France as part of the 'student exchange programme.'
•In January 2022, Kotak Mahindra bank alleged that a employee from their bank was threatened and abused in an audio clip shared by a Twitter account named
@BabuBongo. The bank alleged that the abusers were Ashneer Grover and his wife Madhuri Grover. In a tweet, Grover claimed that the audio was fake. He wrote, "Folks. Chill. It's a fake audio by some scamster trying to extort funds (USD 240,000 bitcoins). I refused to buckle. I've got more character. And, internet has got enough scamsters."
The bank said that Grover and his wife threatened the employee because in 2021, Kotak Mahindra Bank had refused to give shares worth 500 crore to Grover during the launch of Nykaa's IPO. After this, Grover also sent a legal notice to the bank claiming that the refusal led to their inability to participate in the Nykaa IPO, and they also lost an investment opportunity.  Days after the viral audio clip that exposed a fight between Mr Grover and the Kotak Mahindra Bank, he took voluntary leave till March-end 2022. Later, in a statement, the company said,
"For now, the board has accepted Ashneer's decision which we agree is in the best interests of the 'company, our employees and investors, and the millions of merchants we support each day."
• In 2021, his company BharatPe got into a controversy after a competitor PhonePe was launched. The fight between them was based on the same suffix of the app.
• In 2020, his company BharatPe got into controversy after they distributed pamphlets stating that their competitors like Paytm were not Indian based companies. The competitors filed law suit and asked the Reserve Bnak of India to stop such activities by BharatPe
• On 1 March 2022, he resigned as BharatPe's managing director minutes after he received an upcoming board meeting agenda. Reportedly, the agenda included consideration of action against him based on the report submitted by advisory firm PwC
• On 10 May 2023, the Delhi Police's Economic Offences Wing (EOW) filed a FIR (first information report) against Ashneer Grover, his wife, Madhuri Jain Grover, and family members Deepak Gupta, Suresh Jain, and Shwetank Jain for an alleged Rs. 81 crore fraud in December 2022 complained by BharatPe. They were charged under eight sections of serious cognisable criminal offences, including 409 (criminal breach of trust by public servant, banker, merchant, or agent), 420 (cheating and dishonestly inducing delivery of property), 467 (forgery of valuable security, will, etc.), and 120B (criminal conspiracy).
Relationships & More
4 July 2006
Madhuri Jain Grover (entrepreneur)
Father-Ashok Grover (chartered accountant) - passed away on 28 March
Mother- Neeru Grover (teacher)
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) Note: Ashneer only watches Hindi movies, he never watches Hollywood movies.
• Mercedes-Maybach S650
• Porsche Cayman
• Mercedes Benz GLS 350
• Audi A6
SOME LESSER KNOWN FACTS ABOUT ASHNEER GROVER
Ashneer Grover is an Indian businessman who is known for being the Managing Directo rand Co-Founder at BharatPe.
■ While he was pursuing his graduation at IIT, he became one of the six students who were selected for an exchange programme in France.
■ He started his career as a Vice President at Kotak Investment Banking in the year 2006. Heworked there for more than seven years. In 2013, he started working at American Express asa Director in Corporate Development. In 2015, he became the Chief Financial Officer atGrofers. In April 2015, he started working as a chief financial officer in an internet company’blinkit’ in Gurgaon, Haryana. In 2017, he joined PC Jeweller Ltd as a Head Of New Business. 
■ In 2018, he found the payment company BharatPe with two other partners, Shashvat Nakrani, and Bhavik Koladiya. The company allowed small merchants and Kirana store owners in India to accept offline payments through UPI for free. The headquarter of the company was in New Delhi.
■ In an interview, his wife, Madhuri, talked about how her husband started the career and said, He wanted to do something different more than what a corporate job expected him. We all understood that the path may not be smooth and may have a lot of risks. But since he was determined, there was no question of not supporting him.”
■ When he started his company, his wife Madhuri worked as an HR and managed finance and other internal operations in BharatPe. In an interview, she talked about this and said, I could sense that Ashneer and BharatPe needed help. Since I was running my business more on the model of a walk-in studio, which isn’t a day-long job, I suggested that I could help. And when I joined, I could feel how the company needed someone senior who can take charge of various internal functions.”
■ In 2021, some cricketers were assigned as the brand ambassador of BharatPe. These include Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Sanju Samson, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Shubman Gill.
■ In 2021, his company BharatPe along with a marketing company Centrum started a bankingventure named Unity Small Finance Bank.
■ In 2021, he was chosen as the first judge of the show “Shark Tank India” on Sony TV Theshow represents entrepreneurs who pitch their businesses to investors and convenience themto invest. Shark Tank India is a copy of the American show “Shark Tank”
■ In an interview, his wife said that their children helped them paste posters when they started the app. She added, My children, especially the elder one, completely feels the pulse of it. There have been times when my children and I have pasted BharatPe stickers at the merchant outlets. It so happened that recently when at one such restaurant where my son had pasted it, he didn’t see it next time we visited it. He not just observed it but also urged me to check on why it wasn’t there. He had several questions – who would have taken it out and why. I guess in their own ways they also feel connected to Bharatpe and are proud of it.”
■ He loves exploring new places along with his wife and children.
■ In an Instagram post, he said that he was a teetotaler