In line with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) guidelines, NHAI has urged all FASTag users to complete the ‘Know Your Customer’ (KYC) process for their latest FASTag.It is important to note that FASTags with sufficient balance but incomplete KYC will face deactivation or blacklisting by banks after January 31.
FASTag KYC updation: FAQs answered
How do I know if my FASTag KYC is incomplete?
To check the status of your FASTag KYC, monitor notifications via email, SMS, or your bank’s app. These notifications will alert you to incomplete KYC, and you can conveniently update it online. If you haven’t been notified or reminded by your bank, it means your KYC is complete, and you don’t need to take any further action.
How can I check if my FASTag KYC is incomplete?
If you are uncertain about your FASTag’s KYC status, verify it promptly to prevent any potential bans or blacklisting. This precaution ensures that only the latest FASTag associated with the same person and vehicle remains active.
FASTag issued by NHAI
For FASTags issued by NHAI, you can update the KYC by visiting the website https://fastag.ihmcl.com, logging in with your details, and updating the KYC online.
FASTag issued by different banks
For FASTags issued by different banks, you should visit https://www.netc.org.in/request-for-netc-fastag, select your FASTag issuer bank, and log in to update the KYC online.
To update your FASTag KYC online, you can also follow these steps:
- Visit the dedicated FASTag website: fastag.ihmcl.com.
- Navigate to the “My Profile” section.
- Access the sub-section labeled “KYC” and update the necessary details.
- Provide the required identity and address proof documents by filling in the respective fields.
- Upload a passport-sized photo.
- Review and confirm the declaration.
- Click the submit button.
- The KYC verification process will be initiated upon submitting the required documents.
- Your KYC upgrade request will be processed within a maximum of seven working days from the submission date.
Does ‘One Vehicle One FASTag’ mean that a vehicle owner can only recharge their FASTag with a particular bank?
The ‘One Vehicle One FASTag’ rule means you can only have one active FASTag per vehicle. All other FASTags linked to the same vehicle, except the latest one, will be deactivated. Users should follow this rule, but they can recharge their FASTag using any bank and different payment methods like BBPS, UPI, net banking, etc.